property name; click to un/fold, doubleclick to show the full path
property value types:
- object (click to inspect)
- (null) object
- function; IE consideres them as objects, source of native ones cannot be retrieved (?).
- undefined; IE returns that sometimes
- error retrieving even typeof(property); I am unable to catch security errors, so watch your console.
- Every item have its full path in its title (mouse-cursor-hint).
- Root nodename is editable; (change) it to any path you have inspected to limit your scope.
This will also make a "hardlink" of that scope (via URL#hash). eg:
- Why is it clickable? Why don't you just recursively walk trough given object and list all what you find?
- This would cause recursion overflow (eventually DoS your browser, if it does not have any recursion limit), because of objects that are inherited / referrenced (?) and thus infinite loops. So "human-click-based interface" is IMO the best (and for me the only) way.
Sidenotes, mostly personal
- ad Gecko and Firefox
- ad Trident and Internet Explorer
- ad Presto and Opera